Bunker Hill Community College Receives National Award from Achieving the DreamReading time: < 1 minutes
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) received the Leah Meyer Austin Award for its success in increasing student retention and completion at the annual conference of Achieving the Dream in Orlando, Florida, today. Along with this prestigious recognition, BHCC will receive $25,000 to support its ongoing student success work. BHCC shared the honor with Montgomery County Community College.
The award honors BHCC’s focus on college wide, data-informed decision making that has resulted in measurable increases in critical areas. The college has:
- Increased fall-to-fall persistence from 41 percent to 51 percent
- Improved black students’ completion rates from 68 percent to 72 percent
- Increased Latino students’ completion rates from 68 percent to 74 percent
- Raised completion rates in gateway English from 67 percent to 74 percent
- Improved completion rates in developmental English courses (reading and writing) from 72 percent to 78 percent
Bunker Hill is a Rapid Insight customer. You can read the entire announcement at the Bunker Hill website.